Wednesday, September 14, 2011

there's a glitch in the grid

Well, where to begin? So I just spent the last 2 hours working on my first real electronic design assignment. It was not fun. The actual assignment was pretty simple. All I had to do was code my resume in html5 in BBedit. Totally simple. However, after that I had to upload it to my personal webspace provided to me courtesy of the generosity of the University of Baltimore. This is where things got a little tricky. My prof did not mention that I would have to activate it first. I just assumed that when I added the html doc to my myfiles online that it would just work. I had to search all over the UB website to figure this out. Anyways I activated the fucker but apparently I have to wait up to 30 minutes for it to be authorized. I'm probably just gonna upload it in the morning since the hard part is now over and at the very worst I can call the school tech support tomorrow. Well now that that is taken care of onto the fun stuff. This Evan stuff has to come to an end because it is just stressing me out too much. I'm really going to try and make this friendship work. I don't even know why my feelings are so hurt, I'm the one that wanted to break up in the first place. I guess its kind of a blow to my ego that he replaced me so quickly. C'est la vie. I'm going to take a page out of Sam's book on this one and just focus on positive things. And what is the positive aspect of this situation? I get to keep a close friend and that is pretty cool. Lolz Judy Blume much? Speaking of Sam we spoke briefly over text last night. I texted him to let him know that Gucci was sentenced to 6 months for pushing a woman out of a speeding car. Now this is how paranoid I am about our new fragile friendship. I texted him and he didn't text me back for a while. Now, unlike a normal person who would've probably just assumed that he was busy, or out, or his phone was off I stressed out for 2 hours and then texted him that I was sorry for bothering him. He immediately got back to me and said that he was sorry he had been out but and thanks for letting him know. All perfectly normal yet I was sweating bullets about it. I'm definitely going to try and take a chill pill about this whole thing. If it's gonna happen it's gonna happen and I just have to live with that. To think of where we were last year and where we are right now I should just be content with the strides I've made. I really do need to relax about all of this stuff. Anyways I was invited to Simi's birthday party next week. I really want to go and see everyone but I'm honestly not sure that I should go. Yes I was invited but I'm really more of a friend of a friend and now that I'm not with Evan I don't know how tenuous that relationship is. As far as I'm concerned it's still up in the air and I probably won't know until the day of. I called Lindsay and asked what she thought. She said that if I want to go I should and just stay for like 30 min or an hour. Just stop by, say hi to everyone, mooch some freeze pops and leave with my dignity. Fuck it, I'll figure it out later I'm probably just over thinking everything again. XXXO

No comments:

Post a Comment